The Van Scott Nature Reserve will open to the public in fall 2021. Currently, the property is not open to the public.
Please help us protect nature and wildlife by observing the following rules during your visit. The Van Scott Nature Reserve will be open from sunrise until sunset and vehicles may not be parked at the Reserve outside of operating hours. Use of the Van Scott Nature Reserve is at your own risk.
- Enjoy pedestrian use of the trails. To prevent erosion, no mountain bikes, e-bikes, or motorized vehicles are allowed on the trails, except for mobility devices.
- To help us protect clean water and wildlife, including ground-nesting birds and turtles, no dogs are allowed on the Reserve.
- Leave no trace. Pack out what you bring in and please do not litter.
- Take only pictures, leave only footprints. Please leave what you find on the trails and do not remove or disturb any plants or trees. Do not feed or approach wildlife.
- To avoid disturbing sensitive wildlife habitat, stay on the marked trails.
- Respect our neighbors—observe the property boundary and stay within the Van Scott Nature Reserve.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Equestrian use is not permitted.
- For your safety and to protect water quality, no swimming.
- No fishing except during educational programming sponsored by the Delaware Highlands Conservancy.
- Hunting on the property is by permission only; please inquire with the Conservancy if you are interested.
- Use of drones is prohibited except by permission of the Conservancy.
- The Van Scott Nature Reserve is a beautiful location for photography. We welcome visitor photos for personal use. Commercial photography or video shoots, wedding, and portrait photography are not permitted.
- No camping or fires.
- No alcohol or drug use.
- If you see litter, please pick it up and place it in the trash receptacles located by the trail kiosk.
- Groups of 10 or more are asked to register in advance with the Conservancy.
- Respect wildlife and be considerate of other visitors and staff!